Here you go with the recipe…
- 1 cup Grated Coconut
- 10-15 Cashew
- 1/4 cup Chopped Green mango ((adjust the qty according to sourness, refer notes))
- 4 Dry red chilli (refer notes)
- 1 tsp Chopped Ginger
- 4 Small onion / Pearl onion (sliced)
- 1 stem Curry leaves
- Dry roast the cashews till it turns golden brown. Let it cool. Grind the roasted cashews first till you get a fine powder. Pulse it at regular intervals instead of grinding at once.
- Roast the dry chilli directly on flame (refer notes).
- Grind roasted dry chilli, mango, small onion, ginger, salt till you get a smooth paste. Add coconut and grind till everything is mixed well. Add cashew powder to this and run in a mixie for a few seconds.
- Add water for grinding only if your mixie doesnt cooperate, without water.
If you dont have green mango, you can use tamarind instead. Also, if you have electric cooking range, fry the dry chilli in a bit of oil.
If you like a less spicy version, remove seeds from chillies.