An integral part of Kerala Sadhya Recipe. Inji (ginger) curry is a flavourful side dish perfectly balancing sweetness and sourness.
Here is the recipe…
Traditional Kerala Sadya recipe. Inji Curry packs a punch with the wonderful flavor combination os sweet, sour and spicy.Print Pin
- 100 gms Ginger
- Small lime size Tamarind
- 2 tsp Chilly powder
- 3 tsp Coriander powder
- Gooseberry size Jaggery
- 1 tsp Mustard
- Curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek powder
- Coconut oil
- Cut the cleaned ginger in round slices. Fry them in coconut oil, till it's golden brown.
- Crush the fried ginger using a mortar and pestle.
- Add 2 tbsp of water to tamarind and make a pulp. Add chilly powder, coriander powder, jaggery and salt. Mix well.
- Add crushed ginger and 1/2cup of water to this and mix well.
- Heat oil in the same pan (you can use the remaining oil) in which you fried ginger and splutter mustard. Add curry leaves and the tamarind, jaggery & ginger mixture. Let it boil till it becomes thick, around 8 – 10 mins. Add fenugreek powder & mix. Remove from fire.
Once it is cooled completely, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for for a week or so.