Are you a breakfast person? Well, I am. For me, it's the most important meal of the day. Even when I was a kid, I needed a full fledged breakfast. Most of my friends breakfast was just a glass of milk, not me. Since it's one of the meals that I enjoy very much, I also indulge the most at brekky time. Somehow I dont feel guilty doing that, may be because of the fact that you've got a full day ahead of you to burn all that calories :)
Here's a simple pancake/hotcake recipe which I love making and eating. It's absolutely light but filling. Hope you will also enjoy these…
Here is the recipe…
Recipe adapted verbatim from here
Put the ricotta, milk and egg yolks into a bowl and mix well to combine. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt and gently whisk to make a smooth batter…
Beat the egg whites until they become foamy – this isn't hard work even, whisking by hand, which is all that's needed here – and then fold them into the ricotta mixture…
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and drop in heaped dessertspoons of batter.Cook the pancakes for about 1 minute until golden and then flip them over and cook for another minute…
- 250 gms Ricotta cheese (1 cup)
- 125 ml Milk ( 1/2 cup)
- 2 large Eggs (separated )
- 100 gms Plain flour ( 2/3 cup)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Oil
- 250 gms Chopped strawberries (or other berries of your choice )
- Put the ricotta, milk and egg yolks into a bowl and mix well to combine. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt and gently whisk to make a smooth batter. Beat the egg whites until they become foamy – this isn't hard work even, whisking by hand, which is all that's needed here – and then fold them into the ricotta mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and drop in heaped dessertspoons of batter.
- Cook the pancakes for about 1 minute until golden and then flip them over and cook for another minute.
- Keep the cooked pancakes warm, by tenting with foil on a large warmed plate, while you work your way through the batter, and then serve with syrup and strawberries.
10 thoughts on “Ricotta Pancakes”
Resh dear, these pancakes look perfect! Hope you are doing good.
it was yum!
Thanks Phebe :)
My Pancake snap! :)
Hi Maria! Tried this recipe for breakfast today and it came out so well! My husband loved it. So did my 1.5 year old :) Thank you for the step by step by snaps! Looking forward to trying more of your recipes. Best wishes & Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Thanks for the comment dear :) I know I’m yet to promise your pics on FB, I’m so sorry dear. Was caught up in some things for the past few weeks.
Wish you and your loved ones a wonderful new year!
I’m new to this blog..and I have tried quiet few recipes mentioned in your blog and the outcome has been quiet good :-) hats of to your good work.
Would like to know if there’s any substitute for Ricotta cheese?
Welcome to MariasMenu! I’m glad you got to try some recipes and like them too. Thank you so much :)
You can use Cottage cheese instead of ricotta.
where in abudhabi can we get ricotta cheese
woohooo.. now this is my kinda recipe.. “Breakfast, the most imp mean of the day” :D :D will definitely try it n eat it.. thank uuu maria :D D: