I've one thing in common with Joey from friends, we both love sandwiches ;)
Knowing my love for bread, it shouldn't come as a surprise that I love sandwiches. I like all kinda sandwiches and it doesn't matter whether it's veg or non-veg.
Though Joey loves sandwiches, am not sure whether he will approve of this particular one, since it's a veggie sandwich ;)
This is a very versatile, absolutely easy, and simple sandwich that you can make in a jiffy. You can mix and match the veggies, you can have it as such or grill it or you can add a slice of cheese and make it a grilled cheese sandwich. See, it's super versatile.
Do, give it a try and let me know, ok?
You can see other sandwich recipes here
Here is the recipe…
Please read the “notes” section.
- 8-10 Bread slices (refer notes)
- 1/3 cup Chopped yellow capsicum
- 1/3 cup Chopped red capsicum
- 1/3 cup Chopped green capsicum
- 1/3 -1/2 cup Chopped cabbage
- 1/3 cup Chopped onion
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup Mayonnaise (refer notes)
- 1-2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp Sugar
- Salt – to taste (refer notes)
- 1-2 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup Cheese spread (I used Amul cheese spread)
- Mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, sugar and chilli flakes in a deep bowl. Start with 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp sugar. Do a taste test and add more, if required. Sugar is added to balance the sourness of the lemon juice.
- Add all the chopped veggies to the above dish and mix well.
- Take each bread slice and spread the cheese spread. Place 1 -2 tbsp of the veg mixture on the bread slice and spread evenly. Cover with another bread slice with cheese side down. Repeat with the rest of the slices.