I first tasted fish cutlets after my marriage. My mother in law is known for her cutlets. Her beef and fish cutlets are two things that I always look forward to during my India trip. So I got the recipe from her and made these cutlets. It’s a very easy recipe and since fish gets cooked pretty fast, it doesn’t take much time also.
If you haven’t tried fish cutlets yet, do give it a try. I do hope you will like it.
Here is the recipe…
Please read notes section before you proceed with the recipe
- 1/2 kg Kingfish
- 1 tbsp each Crushed ginger & garlic
- 2-3 Green chilli
- 1 medium Onion
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 medium Boiled potato
- 1 Egg white
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- Curry leaves
- Wash & clean the fish. Boil fish with crushed ginger & garlic, green chillies & curry leaves. Remove the bones from the fish & mince the fish.
- Heat oil in a pan & and saute onion. Add minced fish & stir. Add salt & pepper. Stir well. Add garam masala. Cook for 5 more minutes. Mash the boiled potatoes. When the fish mix cools, add mashed potatoes, mix well & make small balls.
- Beat the egg white. Dip the fish balls in egg white & roll with bread crumbs. Deep fry in oil.