Here is the recipe…
For Base Layer
- 1 Pound Cake (I used Sara Lee's All Purpose Pound Cake, 300gm)
- 2-3 tbsp Milk Sugar Syrup
For Middle Layer
- 108 gms Kiri Cheese (6 squares, refer notes)
- 2 small Dream Whip Sachet (whipping cream powder (refer notes))
- 125 ml Thick Cream (I used Puck brand)
For Top Layer
- 2 packets Creme Caramel Pudding Mix
- 330 ml Coca-Cola
- Slice the pound cake & layer in a pudding dish. Brush the milk/sugar syrup over the cake to moisten it.
- Whip the whipping cream powder as per package instructions. Add thick cream & cheese to the whipped cream & beat well using electric beater till its combined well. Spread this mixture on top of the cake layer. Keep it in the fridge while you make the top layer.
- Add Coca-Cola to the contents (sugar syrup+pudding mix) of Creme Caramel packets. Mix well & let it boil. Remove from fire. Allow to cool for sometime. Keep a close eye to make sure that it doesnt get set. Pour this over the cream & cheese layer. Return to fridge & let it set for 5-6 hours or overnight. Slice & serve chilled.
Though I've tried this only with Kiri Cheese, I guess you can substitute it with Cream Cheese. If you are using liquid whipping cream instead of dream whip you will need 500 ml (approx). 1 packet of creme caramel I used serves around 4-5 people. If the top layer (Caramel pudding mix+coke) tends to thicken, heat it again and cool it slightly and pour over the middle layer. For eggless version, you can use an eggless cake for the base. You can store it in the fridge upto 3 days.