Here is the recipe…
- 6 oz White chocolate ( 170 gms, refer notes)
- 1.5 cups Chilled Whipping cream
For Citrus Strawberry Glaze
- 1 1/4 cups Chopped strawberry (refer notes)
- 1/4 cup Orange juice (I used fresh juice)
- 2.5 tbsp Sugar
- For the Mousse
- Microwave white chocolate and 1/4 cup cream in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 2 mins or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool it down to room temp, stirring occasionally.
- Beat remaining cream (1 1/4 cups) in medium bowl with electric beater until soft peaks form. (Do not overbeat.) Add half of the whipped cream to chocolate mixture; stir with whisk until blended. Stir in remaining whipped cream. Spoon into the individual bowls. Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- For the Glaze
- In a heavy bottom pan, combine the strawberries, orange juice and sugar. Keep cooking and stirring till you have a thick sauce where most of the strawberries are mushy and soft. Let it cool completely.
- Pour the glaze over the set mousse. Garnish the mousse with white chocolate and mint leaves.
- Source of Mousse Recipe: Here
- Source of Strawberry Glaze: Here
I used Baker's brand Premium white chocolate for this recipe. You can use any good quality baking/cooking white chocolate. Baker's brand is available in Lulu Hypermarket. I microwaved the chocolate and cream at 100% power for 1 minute and it was ready. I used around 15 med-big size strawberry for this recipe. This recipe yields about half cup each of 6 servings.
Tried this recipe? Let others know by...mentioning @mariasmenu or tagging #mariasmenu
Pages: 1 2
10 thoughts on “Eggless White Chocolate Mousse With Citrus Strawberry Glaze”
If am doing this for 6/7 families and need to bring over to another place how to carry on…Can I not set under individual bowls first and go there and layer up? How long this need to be in frigde after layering up
You can set it in a big take away container like an al.foil container or plastic container, rather than setting it in individual bowls and changing it later. It will require min 3-4 hours in fridge.
Hi…that looks yummy !!! Pls may i ask what is the green layer at the bottom layer?
That sure looks yummy !!! But whats the green bottom layer ?
Thanks Reny :) That green colour isnt a part of the dish, it’s just a tissue paper.
Wee…through the glass looks like a layer of kiwi juice ;-)…i did try it out ..was very nice ! I took a pic too but not as good as urs .:-)
;) so you tried it already, eh? Great to know that you liked it. Thanks dear..
y ma cak alwys overcooked wen doing preheating
i just love no-bake desserts. they are simple and easy to make and looks amazing. You know, in the pic, the color of the napkin is reflected, it looks like the Indian flag, giving us a thought that u made something to celebrate our i-day.
I plan to make this soon.
Thanks Tres! I also love no bake desserts, they are so easy :)
Yeah some others also pointed it out to me.. But honestly I didnt plan anything like that, it just so happen that I posted it on I-day…
Hope you like it…