Here I'm after a mini break, four months to be exact!
I know the breaks were becoming a regular thing these days, but here's hoping for minimal breaks and regular posts :)
So shall we start with something sweet? This Biscuit pudding with dates & nuts is an everyday dessert if there is one!
It's a fuss-free dessert with easily available ingredients, no complicated steps, and it isn't time-consuming. This is a go-to dessert if you wanna have something sweet after a family meal or just for a weekend chill ;)
Hope you like it!
Please read the “notes” section before proceeding with the recipe.
Dates & Nuts Biscuit Pudding
- For Custard
- 500 ml Milk
- 100 gms Sugar
- 2.5 Tbsp Custard powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- For Praline
- 15 Whole Cashewnuts, chopped
- 2.5 Tbsp Sugar
- For layering
- 8 – 10 Dates, seeded and chopped
- 100 gms Goodday biscuit
- For coffee syrup
- 1/2 tsp Instant coffee powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- To make coffee syrup for dipping biscuits:
- Add 1/2 tsp instant coffee powder to 1/2 cup boiling water. Mix well and let it cool to room temperature.
- To make praline:
- Add 1 tbsp water to the sugar (2.5 tbsp) and let it melt. Once it becomes a dark amber colour, add chopped cashew nuts. Mix it, so that the nuts are coated with the caramel. Pour the mixture over a buttered baking paper and let it cool. Once it's cooled, powder it using a rolling pin or mortar and pestle. Keep it aside.
- To make custard:
- Combine milk, sugar, custard powder and vanilla extract. Bring it to a boil and simmer till it thickens. Let it cool for 15 mins. Refrigerate till it becomes thick and spreadable consistency.
- For layering:
- You can use a medium size pudding dish or individual serving bowls. If using individual bowls, you will need 5-6 bowls depending on its size.
- Dip the biscuit in the coffee syrup and layer at the bottom. Using a piping bag or spoon spread the custard on top of the biscuit. Place another dipped biscuit on top of this. Sprinkle some chopped dates and a tsp of praline over this. Cover this with the custard.
- The top layer should be praline and chopped nuts.
- Let the pudding set in the fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight.