Before giving you the recipe I gotta tell you… My Italian food experience is very much limited to Pizza Hut & pasta from some Italian restaurants here. I haven't gone through any Italian cookbooks yet. But I guess if reading Elizabeth Gilbert's Italian food experience in Eat, Pray, Love can be considered equivalent to tasting some authentic Italian dishes, then I fit the bill ;) I don't cook pasta much at home. We used to have it somewhat regularly from outside. Now that we are trying (I just said trying) to reduce eating out, I cook it once in a while.
So here's my version of Chicken Pasta. You can use this recipe as a guideline and play with it to make it as per your taste. I sometimes add Cajun seasoning or Sambal Oelek in the pasta, just to flavor it up. If you like your pasta to be flavorful and spicy, try it.
Here is the recipe…
If you are interested in more Chicken recipes, check out our Chicken ebooklet
- 1.5 cups Pasta (I used penne pasta)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Cooked chicken (cut into bite size cubes (refer notes))
- 1 small Capsicum (cut into cubes)
- 1 tbsp Grated Garlic
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Olive oil
For white sauce
- 30 gms Butter (2 tbsp approx)
- 2 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Chicken stock (refer notes)
- Salt & pepper
- Cook pasta as per package instructions. Keep it aside. Heat Olive oil in a pan & add grated garlic, fry it for 2 mins or so. Add cubed capsicum & salt till it becomes tender. Add Rosemary, Thyme & Oregano & give a stir. Add cooked chicken & Pasta. Mix well. Add the white sauce, combine it. Serve hot.
- White Sauce Preparation
- Heat butter in a pan. When it melts, add plain flour. Stir for 4-5 mins, when it starts changing colour add milk. Cook till it starts to thicken. Add chicken stock, salt & pepper & cook for 2-3 mins. Remove from fire.