Have you seen the Meat Rolls recipe I posted sometime ago?
Well, it's one of the easiest appetiser/starter that I've made. That got me thinking…I can use the same concept with different filling.
So, that's how we have this Chinese Style Chicken Bread rolls.
I guess we all have a soft corner towards Indo Chinese style recipes, right? If you like Indo Chinese recipes I'm sure you'll like this one.
It's super easy and quick to put together. also, do I need to sat more about deep fried Chicken bread rolls? I mean, there is chicken, there is bread, there is chinese flavor and it's deep fried!
So, go ahead and try this flavor packed appetiser/starter.
Please see the video recipe below
Here is the recipe…
Chicken Bread Rolls Chinese Style
A quick easy and tasty appetiser recipe that can be made ahead. Chinese style chicken bread rolls.Print Pin
- 3/4 cup Cooked and shredded chicken (refer notes)
- 1/2 cup Sliced cabbage
- 1/2 cup Sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup Cubed capsicum
- 1/4 cup Chopped onion
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp Chopped garlic
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Green /Red chilly sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Pepper powder
- 8 – 10 slices Bread (I used regular white bread)
- Sunflower oil (for cooking and deep frying)
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion and garlic. Cook till onion softens, no need to brown.
- Add sliced veggies, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and cook till veggies are done (refer notes)
- Add soy sauce, chilli sauce and vinegar. Give a good mix.
- Add cooked and shredded chicken and mix well. Remoe from fire and let it cool.
- Remove the crusts from bread slices. Roll each slice very thinly using a rolling pin. Sprinkle some water, if required
- Apply water on all four sides of the bread. Place the filling in the middle. Roll the bread and seal the edges tightly. Repeat the process until the filling is used completely.
- Heat oil in a deep pan for frying. I usually heat the oil on medium-high, once it's hot enough (not smoking) I reduce it to low -medium. Fry the rolls in batches. Make sure you flip the rolls, to ensure even browning all over.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce / ketchup / ketchup mixed with chilli sauce.
I used boneless chicken breast for this recipe. I cooked the chicken with salt and pepper. I cooked the veggies on low flame for 5-7 mins, I like it when the veggies have a little crunch to it and not completely soft. You can prepare the filling in advance and refrigerate for 2-3 days. You can also make the rolls one day in advance. Place it in an airtight container and cover with a damp cloth to prevent it from drying out and fry them just before serving. Skip the chicken and add more veggies of your choice to make a veg version.
Tried this recipe? Let others know by…mentioning @mariasmenu or tagging #mariasmenu
3 thoughts on “Chicken Bread Rolls Chinese Style”
Or just apply oil and put them in an Air Fryer…
Taste great! But, be warned- these are slices of bread deep fried- they just soak up oil and hence are oily. I might serve these to guests once more, they’re too heavy for a regular snack.
Hi Austin, thanks for trying it. Yes, it tends to absorb oil compared to other fried goods, but if you adjust the heat of the oil correctly, it can be reduced to a great extent.