If you are looking for a quick-fix Chilli chicken recipe, look no further. This Asian Chilli Chickenone of the super quick, easiest, and flavor-packed chicken recipes that I've ever tried!
The only thing I am not quite happy about this post is my picture. It doesn't do justice to this dish! These days, though am cooking quite a bit compared to before, the “photography” part is not happening like before. However, I do hope, you will give this dish a try in spite of my picture.
The flavor of this dish is too good and I do hope you get to try it soon. Since this dish is loaded with flavors you can have it with even plain white rice. I made some caramelized onion rice and it paired beautifully.
Recipe from here
Here is the recipe
- 500 gms Skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets (refer notes)
- 1/2 tsp, each Salt and pepper
- 1.5 tbsp Rice flour/plain flour (I used plain flour)
- 1.5 tbsp Vegetable oil
- For the sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame oil (refer notes)
- 2 tsp, each Ginger & garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 tbsp Sriracha (refer notes)
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey (you can use brown sugar instead)
- 3 tbsp Lime juice (You can use 2 tbsp rice vinegar instead)
- Cut the cleaned breast fillets in half horizontally to form 4 thin steaks. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and flour.
- Heat oil (1.5 tbsp veg oil) in a wide pan. Add the fillets and fry on high heat for 2 mins each side. Remove from the pan.
- Cool the pan slightly and return to fire on medium heat. Add sesame oil.
- Cook minced ginger & garlic and chilli flakes for 30 seconds, until garlic caramelises.
- Add water, sriracha, honey and soy sauce. Stir increase the heat to medium high till the sauce begins to bubble.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook until the sauce thickens. Add lime juice and cook for a min, until the sauce becomes syrupy consistency.
- Add fried chicken pieces and mix well to coat the sauce over the chicken pieces. Garnish with chopped spring onion or sesame seeds or fresh chilli or lime wedges.