How was your Onam celebrations? Hope you had a great time with your friends & family. We celebrated Onam at our friend Vinod & Deepthi’s place. I know I didnt wish you Onam. I didnt make anything special for Onam & I felt bad wishing you Onam empty handed. However if you are a Non Resident Malayalee who is waiting to celebrate Onam during the weekend, please have a look at my Onam recipes, hope you will like something. If you have already celebrated Onam and want to taste some non veg stuff, here is a quick option.
I’ve posted only one sausage recipe before, sausage packets. I got that recipe from one of our friend’s when she served it as a starter for a party. This recipe is also from another friend, my dearest friend, Maryann. This recipe is a breeze to make & a total crowd pleaser.
Here is the recipe:
- 5 Sausage
- 1 tsp Ginger & garlic (each grated)
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce/ketchup
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Hot sauce / Tabasco sauce (refer notes)
- Boil the sausage & cut into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan & add finely chopped onion. When it becomes brown add grated ginger & garlic. Fry for 2 minutes & add pepper powder. Mix well & add all the sauces. Combine well & add the cooked sausages.
- Mix well & keep cooking on low flame for 5-7 minutes. Give it a stir in between & remove from fire when it is roasted well. You can serve this as a starter/appetizer or as a side dish for fried rice.