Here's a fab and easy appetiser recipe. Are you a fan of chicken wings?
If yes, then you must try these! It's super easy and flavor packed. To be honest, am not a chicken fan and so I didn't have them.
However I tasted the sauce and it's just bursting with flavors. I bought these wings sometime ago and was on the lookout for a perfect recipe.
This recipe has an Asian style sticky sauce that oozes flavor. The honey adds slight sweetness along with a caramel flavor and the combination of soy sauce and garlic add on to it.
These are baked, so it's a healthier option compared to fried snacks. However I cooked it in an air fryer (refer notes).
Here is the recipe…
Recipe from here
Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- 2 lb (900 gms) chicken wings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper to taste
- HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder optional
- fresh cilantro chopped (for garnish (optional))
- FOR THE BAKED CHICKEN WINGS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, add raw chicken wings. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Use a pair of tongs or a spatula to gently toss the chicken wings to coat.
- Arrange chicken wings in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chicken wings for 40 minutes or until juices run clear, turning them half way through.
- FOR THE HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and chili powder (optional) to a rapid boil. Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until sauce is reduced by 1/2.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Cover and set aside.
- PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Working quickly, place baked chicken wings in a bowl, then pour prepared honey garlic glaze on top. This step works best if both the chicken and the sauce are hot. Use a spatula to toss the chicken wings until they are coated in the glaze. Note: It's okay if the glaze is thick, but it should pour easily. If it doesn't, microwave the glaze for 30 seconds at a time until it's liquid again, then quickly pour over the chicken wings.
- Serve honey garlic chicken wings immediately with chopped cilantro as garnish (optional).