Here is the recipe:
- Boneless chicken - 700 gm
- Onion - 1
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon
- Capsicum - 1
- Soya sauce - 1 teaspoon Tomato sauce - 1 teaspoon Red chilli paste - 1 teaspoon
- Oil Salt
- Egg - 1
- Cornflour - 3 teaspoon
- Plain flour (Maida) - 2 teaspoon
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Soya sauce - 1 teaspoon
- Chicken cubes - 3 (optional)
- Mix together all the ingredients for batter & make a paste. ( if chicken cubes are added no need to add extra salt). Dip chicken pieces in this batter & fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Heat oil in a pan & add ginger,onion & capsicum. When it becomes soft add the sauces & red chilli paste. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add fried chicken pieces & salt. Mix well. Garnish with Capsicum.
- For gravy - Add 1 teaspoon cornflour to 1 cup chicken stock or water & add to the chicken. When the gravy thickens remove from fire.
- Red Chilli Paste - Add 1 teaspoon vinegar to kashmiri chilli powder & make a paste.
Attached is the picture of Ginger chicken, sent by Ammu and Bindu, who’ve made it using this recipe:
Recipe source: Lakshmi Nair