Puddings is one of the most requested recipes here. Whenever I post a cake or similar type of recipe on the blog, I get mails asking for simple pudding recipes. So, for all those who want super simple but delicious pudding recipe, look no further. I first tasted this dish almost a year ago. It was love at first taste! I got this recipe from my good friend and neighbor Sonia. What I love most about it, apart from its simplicity is that, you can make it for a small group or a large group. You can easily halve the recipe or double the recipe. Also, it’s ideal for any pot luck kind of parties.
Do I sound like a telemarketing person? Yeah… I better stop. Anyways, please do try this recipe and fall in love with this yummy pudding! Thanks Sonia dear for this wonderful recipe!
Btw, you do remember my post about how I ended with so many Nutella jars? At some point of time, I started collecting those jars and do you wanna know how I use them? Check out the first pic… Yeah, they are good to serve layered desserts like this or this. So next time, instead of throwing away the empty Nutella jar, rinse it and save it. It will come handy some day :)
Now, shall we go and make this yummy pudding?
Beat together the whipping cream and thick cream, adding icing sugar gradually,using an electric beater, till it is doubled and creamy…
Dip the bread in sugar and pineapple syrup and squeeze nicely. Make a layer of bread on top of cream, without any gap. Cover with another layer of cream. Sprinkle chopped pineapple and praline on top of that…
Spread another layer of cream and continue layering. The top most layer should be of pineapple and praline…
- Bread - 14-16 slices (I used regular white bread)
- Whipping cream - 500 ml
- Thick cream - 500 ml
- Icing sugar - 3-4 tbsp
- Chopped pineapple - 2 cups (I used tinned pineapple, a tin of 570 gms)
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Water - 1¼ cup
- Chopped nuts - ¾ cup (I used blanched almonds)
- Sugar - ⅓ - ½ cup
- To make praline, heat sugar in a non stick pan with 1-2 tbsp water, when it caramelises, add chopped nuts. Make sure the nuts are coated well with the caramel. Pour the praline onto a baking/parchment paper. Let it cool. Crush them using a rolling pin.
- Drain the syrup of the tinned pineapple completely and keep the syrup aside. To make sugar syrup, mix together water & sugar. Heat it till the sugar dissolves & let it boil. Remove from fire. Let it cool completely. Add the reserved the syrup of the tinned pineapple to this and stir well.
- Beat together the whipping cream and thick cream, adding icing sugar gradually,using an electric beater, till it is doubled and creamy. Spread a thin layer of cream on the base of your pudding dish.
- Remove the crusts from the bread and cut each slice into four squares. Dip the bread in sugar and pineapple syrup and squeeze nicely. Make a layer of bread on top of cream, without any gap.
- Cover with another layer of cream. Sprinkle chopped pineapple and praline on top of that. Spread another layer of cream and continue layering. The top most layer should be of pineapple and praline.
- Layers go like this - starting with cream+ bread+ cream+ pineapple & praline+ cream+ bread+ cream+ pineapple & praline.
- Refrigerate the pudding till you serve. It has to be refrigerated for minimum 3 hours, before serving.