Here is the recipe…
- 5 Hard boiled eggs
- 1 small - medium Potato (cooked & cut into cubes)
- 1 big Onion (finely sliced)
- 4-5 Green chilli (slit lengthwise)
- 1.5 tsp Ginger & garlic paste (each)
- 1.5 - 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Fennel powder
- A pinch Garam masala
- 2 cups Thick coconut milk (refer notes)
- Cashew paste (Optional, refer notes)
- Coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan & add finely sliced onions & salt. When onion becomes golden brown color, add green chilli & ginger garlic paste. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the masala powders & a 1/2 tsp of oil & fry for 3 minutes. Add cooked potatoes & mix well. Add thick coconut milk & bring to boil. Reduce flame to lowest & add hard boiled eggs & cook till the gravy becomes thick, say around 5 mins. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with palappam, kallappam, puttu & chapathi.
- For veg variation:
- You can use veggies like carrot, beans, cauliflower, green peas etc; Cook the vegetables first & add it along with the potato. Rest of the recipe is same.
I used potatoes & carrot also for this curry. We need loads of "chaaru" (gravy), so I've used 2 cups of coconut milk, you can adjust the qty to suit your taste. Also if you dont prefer a creamy curry, you can use medium thick coconut milk instead of thick coconut milk. To enhance taste & also give a rich flavor, you can add cashew paste also. Mix the cashew paste in coconut milk & add to the curry. To make cashew paste, soak a small handful of cashews in hot water for 5-7 mins & grind them to a smooth paste.