Here is the recipe…
- 200 gms Plain dark chocolate chopped
- 150 gms Butter diced
- 4 large eggs
- 100 gms Caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 125 gms Pecans (finely ground )
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 24 Pecan halves (lightly toasted, to decorate)
For the Chocolate glaze
- 125 gms Plain dark chocolate chopped
- 60 gms Butter (diced )
- 2 tbsp Clear honey
- 1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree, 10 minutes before baking. Lightly butter and line a springform tin with non stick baking paper. Wrap the tin in a large sheet of tinfoil to prevent water seeping in. Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and cool. Using an electric whisk, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence until light & foamy. Gradually beat in the melted chocolate, ground nuts and cinnamon, then pour into the prepared tin. Set the foil-wrapped tin in a large roasting tin and pour in enough boiling water to come 2 cm/3/4 inch up the sides of the tin. Bake in the preheated oven until the edge is set, but the centre is still soft when the tin is gently shaken. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- For the glaze, melt all the ingredients over a low heat until melted and smooth, then remove from the heat. Dip each pecan halfway into the glaze and set on a sheet of non-stick baking paper until set. Allow the remaining glaze to thicken slightly.Remove the cake from the tin and invert. Pour the glaze over the cake, smoothing the top and spreading the glaze around the sides. Arranged the glazed pecans around the edge of the torte. Allow to set and serve.
The baking time is approximately 20 -25 minutes. You can store this in fridge for upto 3 days. If stored in fridge, microwave it for 20-30 seconds before serving.
Tried this recipe? Let others know by...mentioning @mariasmenu or tagging #mariasmenu
Pages: 1 2
5 thoughts on “French Chocolate Pecan Torte”
the cake looks lovely especially with the pecans on top!!
di….cake looks sooo tempting…..will definetely try this
Thanks Emi & Mona. Wish you both a very happy b’day!! and yes you can take as much as you want :)
Yummy Cake Maria! My birthday’s this month too , do i get my share too?! :-)
Great Maria…Torte loooks delicious!
so do i get a piece too?(bday babies?:-))
Comments are closed.