This is such a simple and fun recipe for Summer time. As I’ve told you here, the summer time is in full swing here. I’m buying watermelon in bucket loads to beat the summer heat. Instead of having plain watermelon juice all the time, I wanted to try something different and landed on this. This is a very refreshing drink to have during this time.
The addition of mint gives a diff flavour and the addition of ice cream, well… ice cream makes everything better, need I say more??
Make it with your kids, I’m sure they will enjoy the whole process, but here is a disclaimer: I’m not responsible for all the spillage and mess in your kitchen ;)
Here is the recipe…
Recipe from here
- 2.5 – 3 cups Fresh watermelon chunks (large seeds removed, the small white ones are fine )
- 12 – 15 Fresh mint leaves (coarsely chopped )
- 330 ml Club soda or carbonated water of choice
- 2-4 scoops Vanilla ice cream (refer notes)
- In a blender, combine the watermelon, mint and water. Blend and pulse quickly, just until watermelon has broken down – this should only take about 30-60 seconds or so. The blending will “de-carbonate” the water a bit, but it should still have some fizz.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl, glass or measuring cup in order to remove the seeds. Fill two glasses with vanilla ice cream and pour watermelon soda over top. Garnish with additional fresh mint.