Here is the recipe…
- 2 cups Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp Semolina (Rava)
- 2 cups Medium coconut milk
- 1 cup Thick coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- Add 2 glasses of water to semolina & cook. Cook until it becomes soft with the consistency of a porridge. Keep aside to cool.
- Add 1/4 cup lukewarm water to 1/2 teaspoon yeast & sugar & mix well.Allow it to rise.
- Take 2 cups of rice flour in a bottom deep vessel. Add the cooked semolina and mix well. Add the yeast & sugar mix & mix well.Add the medium thick coconut milk little by little. Mix well. Keep it overnight. Dont keep it in fridge.
- Next day morning, first mix the batter well & add the thick coconut milk little by little. Add salt & sugar to taste. Heat Appachatti ( Appam Kadai) & pour 5-6 tablespoon of batter into it & rotate the appachatti and make sure that the batter is spread in a circular form. Cover & cook. Once the middle portion is cooked, remove from fire. Serve hot with Mutton stew or Fish molly.