Here is the recipe…
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Cooked chana (chickpeas)
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 small Cucumber chopped
- 1/3 cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp Yogurt whisked
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise optional
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- In a deep and wide bowl, combine cooked chana, onion, cucumber and pomegranate seeds.
- Combine whisked yogurt, mayonnaise and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the chana mix and stir well.
You can add any veggies and fruits of your choice. I sometimes add apple, carrots, cabbage, lettuce etc; Also if you've olives, you can add 2-3 sliced olives also.
If you like a crunchy texture, you can add some sliced almonds or walnuts or sprinkle some bhel on top of the salad. Also you can use chaat masala or roasted cumin powder to season the dressing.