Here is the recipe..
Bhaigan Bhurta ( Eggplant Curry )Print
- Large egg plant - 250gm
- Chopped Tomato - 50gm
- Chopped onion - 25gm
- Ginger garlic paste - 10gm
- Chopped coriander - 5gm
- Chopped green chillies- 2
- Coriander powder - 2gm
- Cumin seeds & cumin powder - 2gm each
- Garam Masala - 2gm
- Cahewnut paste - 1 tablespoon Salt & oil - accordingly
- Smear 1 teaspoon oil & salt over egg plant & roast on a gas flame till its skin is charred.
- Cool, remove the skin & mash the flesh. Heat oil in a pan & saute onion & cumin seeds until onion browns. Add ginger garlic paste & saute for 1-2 minutes. Add all powdered spices & a tablespoon of water & mix well. After 5 minutes add chopped tomatoes. When tomatoes are cooked add mashed egg plant & saute for 5-6 minutes. Add cashew paste & salt & mix well.Garnish with coriander leaves & green chillies.