This recipe is almost a staple at our place. Well, any recipe that’s quick and easy to make and tastes good, tends to become a “regular” thing.
I tend to make different versions of this recipe and this version is Jose’s favorite. He says it reminds him of the Fried Rice that we get at restaurants back home.
This is my go-to recipe on lazy days and also the days when my fridge is kinda bare. I tend to go two ways with this recipe – with bare minimum veggies or crowded with veggies ;)
But I like it best when the veggies are in proportion to the rice and eggs, just like in this recipe.
Do try it out and let me know what do you think about this, ok?
Here is the recipe…
Indian Style Egg Fried Rice
- 1.5 cups Rice (I used Basmati rice)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 small Carrot (Chopped)
- 15 Beans (chopped)
- 1 med – small Capsicum (sliced)
- 2-3 tbsp Chopped Spring Onion (a mix of green and white parts)
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 3/4 – 1 tsp White Pepper Powder
- 1 – 1.5 tbsp Oil (Any vegetable oil)
- 1 tbsp Butter (optional (but highly recommended))
- Cook the rice and drain and keep it aside. Make sure the rice is not overcooked and still has a small bite to it. Spread the cooked rice on a large tray and let it cool completely.
- Heat oil in a wide pan. Scramble the eggs and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add more oil, if required. Add chopped onion and garlic. Cook till it becomes soft, not brown.
- Add the rest of the veggies (except spring onion), salt and cook till it's done.
- Add soy sauce and pepper powder. Mix well.
- Add scrambled eggs and cooled rice. Gently mix everything together, until it's combined well. Add butter, if using and give a gentle mix. Garnish with chopped spring onions.