Here is the recipe:
- 350 gms Chicken (cut into medium pieces)
- 2 medium Onion (finely sliced)
To Grind (set 1)
- 2 - 2.5 tsp Ginger & garlic (each)
- 2-3 Green chilly
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Whole black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Fennel powder
To grind (set 2)
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves (packed)
- Oil (refer notes)
- Grind the ingredients listed under 'to grind' in separate batches & keep aside. Heat oil in a pan and add the finely sliced onions. Cook till it becomes golden brown color. Add the set 1 ground ingredients. Cook for 2-3 minutes till the raw smell goes. Add set 2 (tomato & coriander paste) ground ingredients. Mix well. Cook for a few minutes (3-4 mins) till the oil starts appearing. Add salt & cleaned chicken pieces. Mix well & make sure that chicken pieces are coated well with the masala. Add 1/2 cup water, give it a stir. Cover & cook till the chicken is done.
- Dont forget to check out the water level & gravy consistency of the curry, in between. Add more water if required. Adjust the consistency of the gravy as per your taste. This curry has a medium thick gravy.
I've made this both coconut oil & sun flower oil. Though it was good both the times, I'm slightly leaning towards coconut oil :) The gravy tends to thicken as the curry rests, so adjust the gravy accordingly, but dont make it watery. You can adjust the measurements of spices to suit your taste.