Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/4 cups + 2 tbsp Wheat flour (atta) ( )
- 1.5 cups Oats
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder (slightly heaped)
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda (slightly heaped)
- 1/2 cup Soft light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/4 cup Raisins (heaped)
- 3/4 cup Dates (chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp Chocolate Chips ((optional))
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 5 tbsp Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 375 F, 10 mins before baking. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, raisins, chocolate chips and dates in a large bowl. In another bowl, mix the egg, oil & milk together. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture. Mix the mixture together well with either a fork or a whisk or a wooden spoon to make a soft but not sticky dough.
- Place spoonfuls of the dough well apart on the piled baking sheet and flatten the tops down slightly with a fork. Transfer the biscuits to a preheated oven and bake for 10 -12 mins until golden. Remove from the oven, leave to cool for 2-3 mins, then transfer the biscuits to a wire rack to cool, Serve when cold or store in an airtight container. I got 18 cookies with the above qty.
Please check out the oatmeal cookies baked by Suni, based on the above recipe. She dipped them in chocolate, yummy! Thanks dear :)