Have I told you this before… well, the chances are I already did. After all, we've a decade long relationship, so some stories may be repeated. But, like a good friend, you can always humour me ;)
So, the thing is if I find something I like, be it a dress, shoe, bag, cake, cookie, dessert (the list goes on) I tend to repeat it until I reach the diminishing margin of utility. Now, I've got one more thing to add to that list. This pasta recipe. I've already made it 5-6 times!!
Also remember, how I sometimes tell you that for some recipes, you just need to bring together the right ingredients & it does all the work? Well, this is one such recipe. A perfect combination of all the ingredients and you end up with a really good pasta.
It's kinda of a cheat's recipe, but as long as it tastes good…all's well, that ends well, right?
It's a great dish if you are cooking for a big group or if you are having a kids party. But let me tell you, it's a hit with both kids & adults alike. Just try it once and you will see.
Here is the recipe…
Microwave the milk for 45 seconds. Add the milk and 1 cup water to the soup contents and mix well. Keep it aside…
Add capsicum and cook till it becomes soft…
Add crumbled bacon (if using) and mix well. Serve hot…
Pasta In Creamy Broccoli SaucePrint
- 2.5 cups Pasta I used Macaroni
- 1 packet Creamy broccoli soup 72 gms nt.wght, that serves 4
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1.5 - 2 tsp Crushed garlic
- 1 medium Capsicum cut into strips
- 1/4 cup Chopped spring onion
- 1.5-2 tbsp Chilli flakes
- 5 strips Bacon cooked & crumbled (optional)
- Oil I used Olive oil
- Cook pasta as per package instructions and keep aside.
- To make the sauce:
- Microwave the milk for 45 seconds. Add the milk and 1 cup water to the soup contents and mix well. Keep it aside.
- In a wide pan, heat oil. Add chopped onion & garlic. Cook till onion becomes soft. Add capsicum and cook till it becomes soft.
- Add the soup mixture, bring it to boil & simmer. Cook till it becomes slightly thick and reaches a saucy consistency.
- Add chilli flakes & chopped spring onion. Mix well.
- Add cooked pasta and mix till the pasta is coated well with the sauce. Add crumbled bacon (if using) and mix well. Serve hot.
I used Knorr brand cream of broccoli soup. You can also use cream of mushroom soup.
You can add any veggies of your choice like mushroom, broccoli, spinach, zucchini etc; You can also add cooked chicken or sausage to this.
I added salt while cooking the pasta. Since the soup mixture has salt, I didnt add extra salt. Do a taste test & add more salt, if required.
You can also add fresh fresh herbs like parsley. Since the soup mixture has some herbs in it, I didnt add any.
Also, if you prefer a less creamy sauce, use 2 cups of water instead of milk & water. I didnt add any cheese sine the sauce was already creamy & flavorful. However, if you are using only water for the sauce, you can add some cheese in the end.
You can make it ahead and store it in the fridge for 1-2 days. I recommend you to reheat it on stove top. While reheating, add 1/4 cup hot milk + 1/4 cup hot water (combine the two) and add to the pasta. It prevents the pasta from becoming dry.