Here’s a quick, simple and super easy drink recipe for summer. Once summer sets it’s foot, my cravings for cold items also sets in. I’m not a fan of cola drinks in any form and am not a big fan of shop bought juices too. So, the next best option to satisfy my craving for cold items is … ice cream!!
For the past few weeks, I’ve been binging on ice creams and cold coffee. But like all good things it has also come to an end, for now, at least. Too much of ice creams and cold coffees made me crave for something salty, but cold and refreshing at the same time.
That’s how I ended up making this time tested, healthy and refreshing drink. So, if you are looking for a healthy drink recipe for summer, look no further. This is super easy and quick and you don’t need any fancy ingredients.
Hope you also get to try this sometime.
Here is the recipe…
Combine everything in a blender, until all the ingredients are mixed well…
- 2 cups Cold Buttermilk (I used low fat)
- 4 Small / pearl onion (sliced)
- 1-2 tsp Chopped ginger
- 2 Green chilli (chopped)
- 1 small sprig Curry leaves (around 10 leaves)
- 6 leaves Mint leaves
- Combine everything in a blender, until all the ingredients are mixed well. Pour into serving glasses.
- If you want you can strain the drink, but I didnt strain it. Also, if you prefer, you can add ice cubes for a chilled version and also for froth.
You can also sprinkle some chaat masala on top for an added kick.