Well, for a change, I’ll spare you from listening to my stories, what say ;) ?
Bookmarked this recipe sometime ago and finally tried it last week. It was exactly what I expected, a spicy dish loaded with amazing flavour! I hope you will also enjoy it.
Here you go with the recipe
Recipe adapted from “The Epicure Cookbook” by Ummi Abdulla
- 500 gms Mutton (cut into small-medium size pieces)
- 2 tsp Whole black pepper
- 2 Green chilli
- 1 tbsp Ginger & garlic chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 big Onion (sliced finely)
- 2 – 2.5 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Fennel
- 1 small – medium Tomato (sliced)
- 1 cup Water
- Curry leaves
- Oil (I used coconut oil)
- Grind together whole black pepper, green chilli, ginger, garlic and coriander leaves with 2 tbsp water to a fine paste. Add this ground masala, lemon juice and salt to cleaned mutton pieces. Marinate it for half an hour to one hour.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker. Add sliced onions and cook till it becomes golden brown. Add all the masala powders. Mix well. Add a little water (1 tbsp) to mix everything well.
- When oil starts appearing, add tomato, salt (keep in mind that salt is already added to mutton) and curry leaves. Mix well. After 3-4 mins, add marinated mutton pieces. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup water, let it boil. Pressure cook till the mutton is done.
- If there is any gravy, continue cooking, so that the water dries up and mutton is covered with masala. Garnish with freshly ground pepper and onion rings.
- Serve it with rice, roti, pathiri etc;