Here is the recipe…
- 100 gms Smoked Salmon
- 4-5 sticks Asparagus
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 2 small Dried Dates (cut into strips)
- 2-3 leaves Fresh Lettuce (cut into strips)
- 1/2 Red or Green Apple (skinned and chopped)
- 3-4 Small pickled cucumbers
- Any Salad Dressing (Thousand Island)
- Parmesan herb seasoning
- Basil & garlic seasoning
- The first thing I like to do, is keep things ready: Chop the smoked salmon into small chunks (not too small). Slice the dates - you only need a few strips, depending on how sweet you want it. Slice the skinned apple, same here - only a few pieces to make it crunchy (you can eat the rest after your lunch!).
- Cutting an avocado requires some skill! Cut a line around the avocado, from top to bottom and back up on the other side to the top again. Then twist both sides in opposite direction. This way, you'll be left with two halves - with the seed in one. Yank out the big seed and use a spoon to scoop the flesh from both halves.
- Make sure you break the fresh asparagus sprigs properly (they'll break at the hard part). Boil the asparagus in salt water for 3 - 4 minutes (don't keep for long). Strain immediately and then transfer it to some cold water for 1 minute. Strain again. Slice the sticks into smaller pieces.
- Here's the easy part... drop the ingredients from smoked salmon to pickled cucumbers in a big bowl, add the salad dressing... mix. Use your hands to mix well for 1 minute, then serve for two. Top with seasoning - you can use your favourite ones. Voila - a healthy salad!