Here is the recipe…
Recipe from here
Mango Avocado Salsa With Pan Seared SalmonPrint
For the salsa
- 2 cups Ripe mango, diced about 2 mangoes
- 1/2 cup Chopped onion
- 1 cup Avocado, diced 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup Fresh coriander leaves minced
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1 -1.5 tbsp Lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 pounds Fresh salmon filet 680 gms, approx
- Freshly-ground black pepper
For garlic butter glaze (optional)
- 1 tbsp Salted butter
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Minced Parsley/dill leaves
- Combine all the ingredients for salsa in a bowl. Stir well. Adjust the seasoning and you are good to go.
- For Salmon
- Wash and pat dry the salmon nicely with a kitchen tissue. Season all sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil (I used olive oil) in a pan and place the salmon, skin-side-down. After a few mins, turn over. Cook it till it's done as per your liking.
- For Butter garlic glaze
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add minced garlic and parsely. Cook for a min or two.
- Drizzle the butter garlic glaze (if using) on cooked salmon and serve with salsa.
I usually remove the skin from salmon before cooking, but if you like to leave the skin on, please check out the recipe source for detailed instructions.
Also, if you look at the salmon picture, you can see it's kinda overcooked, because I like it that way. You can adjust the cooking time to suit your taste requirements.
Make the salsa first and salmon later.