Here is the recipe…
Recipe Source: Food Tale
In a large bowl sift together the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar. Make a well…
Add all the wet ingredients one by one. With an electric mixer, beat the mixture on low speed for 2-3 minutes until the dry and wet ingredients are well combined. You can also use a wire whisk. Do not over beat it.
Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake in the pre heated oven for about 30 min. Check the cake with tooth pick. Toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake should come clean when the cake is ready.
Eggless Chocolate CakePrint
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 6 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil I used sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup Hot Coffee 1 tsp of coffee in 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup Milk room temp
- 1/4 cup Yogurt room temp
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 100 gms Unsalted Butter room temp
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 2 - 2.5 cups Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2-3 tbsp Hot water
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, 10 mins before baking. Lightly grease the cake tin and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl sift together the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar. Make a well.
- Add all the wet ingredients one by one.
- With an electric mixer, beat the mixture on low speed for 2-3 minutes until the dry and wet ingredients are well combined. Do not over beat it.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Tap the pan a couple of times so the batter is spread evenly and there are no air bubbles.
- Bake for about 30 min. Check the cake with tooth pick. Toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake should come clean when the cake is ready.
- Once out of the oven, transfer the pan to a wiring rack to cool. After about an hour remove the cake from the pan and let the cake cool completely before icing.
- For icing - combine the softened butter and cocoa powder with a hand whisk or a wooden spoon. Add a little of hot water and mix well. Add 1 cup of icing sugar and vanilla essence. Mix well. Add a tbsp of hot water, if required, mix and add one more cup of icing sugar. Combine well. Do a taste test and add more sugar if required. Also, add more hot water to suit your required consistency.
I got a 6 inch square cake and 6 mini cupcakes with the above qty. You can use a 7 or 8 inch cake tin, to make the whole qty as cake. I used a hand whisk to combine the batter. I used low fat milk and low fat yogurt for the cake. I measured the yogurt after beating it well. You can also use hot milk instead of hot water for icing. I used hot water. I kept the frosted cake at room temp for 2 days in an airtight container. You can store it in fridge for 4-5 days. The cake was very moist, even when I had it straight out of the fridge, though the icing was a tiny bit hard. If you want the icing also to be soft, keep it @ room temp for 10-15 mins, before serving.