Here is the recipe…
Add melted butter to crumbled biscuits and combine. Press this mixture to the cheesecake dish you are using and refrigerate it while you continue to make the rest of the cheesecake…
Dissolve gelatine in hot water. when it becomes warm add to mango pulp…
Combine cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Add mango gelatine mix to this and combine…
Add whipped cream to the cheese mango pulp mix in two parts and combine. Add fresh mango pieces (if using) and combine well…
Pour the cream cheese mix over the refrigerated biscuit base and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours. Once it is set, pour the glaze topping over it and chill for another 3-4 hours…
Recipe adapted from here.
For the base
- 250 gms Digestive biscuits (finely crumbled)
- 100 gms Butter (melted (I used unsalted butter))
For the filling
- 340 gms Philadelphia full fat cream cheese (12 oz, refer notes for substitute)
- 250 ml Whipping cream (1 cup approx)
- 1.5 cup Mango pulp
- 1-2 Mango (cut into small bite size pieces (optional))
- 1 tbsp Gelatine (10 gms)
- 1/2 cup Hot water
- 2-3 tbsp Icing sugar
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Sugar (refer notes)
For glaze topping
- 1 cup Mango pulp
- 1 tbsp Gelatine ( 10 gms)
- 1/2 cup Hot water
- For the base:
- Combine the finely crumbled biscuits and melted butter. Press this mixture to a loose bottom tin or the dish you are using. Refrigerate it while you make the rest of the cheesecake.
- For the filling:
- Dissolve gelatine in hot water. Whip the whipping cream with 2-3 tbsp icing sugar, till soft-medium peaks form. Combine the cream cheese and sugar, till it becomes smooth. Combine the mango puree and warm gelatine mixture. Add this to the cream cheese mixture. Mix well. Add the whipping cream to this in two batches and combine well. Add the mango pieces (if using) and mix well. Pour this mixture over the biscuit base and return it to the fridge. Make sure that this layer is refrigerated for a minimum of 2 hours, before adding the glaze topping.
- For the glaze topping:
- Dissolve the gelatine in hot water. When it is warm, add it to mango puree and mix well. Pour this over the cream layer, once it is set. Refrigerate for another 2 hours or till you serve. Garnish with strawberry/ mint leaves.
- Keep @ room temp 10 mins before serving, so that the biscuit layer softens a bit.
- You can store in the fridge for 3-4 days.