Starting the new year with a sweet post! I'm sure by now you've warmed up to 2020.
Since I last shared a recipe with some big bold flavors, I thought I'll share something simple and easy. It's been a while since I posted an eggless cake recipe.
This cake screams homemade and it's my fav kind. I often get cravings for simple homemade cakes which is very comforting and tastes super good.
How do you like the idea of snuggling up and reading your fav book, while sipping some hot coffee/tea and nibbling on a big slice of this homemade goodness?
This is a super simple, easy and it's a one-bowl recipe! So, what are you waiting for? Get baking already ;)
Though it's a bit late….
We, Jose and Maria, wish you a blessed and beautiful year ahead! Stay blessed!
Here is the recipe…
Recipe from here
- 120 gms Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 400 gms(1 can) Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups Plain flour (maida)
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1.5 cups Milk (refer notes)
- 1/4 cup Almond Flakes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 C or 350 F. Grease and dust an 8.5 into 4.5 baking loaf tin with butter and flour.
- Beat soft butter using an electric beater for 2 minutes.
- Add condensed milk, vanilla and continue to beat until light and pale.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt directly over the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Add milk starting from 1/2 cup and work your way to make a thick yet flowing batter. Do not over mix the batter.
- Pour into the greased baking tin, sprinkle the almond flakes on top (if using) and bake for 25-35 minutes. Let the cake cool for 30 minutes once baked. Slice and serve butter cake as needed.