Cookies is one of my guilty pleasures. Everyday, I look forward for my evening coffee time. One big mug of coffee with some cookies on the side gives me the feeling of “all is well” in the world. For certain things, am a creature of habit. Evening coffee is one such thing. I eagerly wait for the time to be 5 in the evening, so that I can achieve my state of Nirvana with coffee and cookies, sitting on my fav spot and watch the world go by.
Good old Goodday Biscuits are my go to cookies. I always have them stocked up in my cupboard. However, I love having homemade cookies too. Like cakes, when it comes to cookies too, I don’t like any fancy shmancy stuff, I prefer simple cookies. I’m always on the lookout for good cookie recipes to bake at home.
Since cookies are almost synonymous with Chocolate Chip Cookies, I’ve marked many recipes which are a variation of the basic choc chip cookie. This is one such recipe.
Coffee is one of my fav flavours when it comes to baked goodies and desserts. Apart from being a super simple and easy recipe to bake, the flavour of coffee is a great addition. The texture of the cookies is wonderful, it’s somewhere between soft and chewy. If you prefer a cakey texture, reduce the baking time. I like my cookies to be firm without being too crispy or biscuity and that’s exactly how this cookies turned out.
Hope you also enjoy these lovely cookies!
Here is the recipe…
In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy…
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition…
Gradually add in flour mixture…
Stir in chocolate chips and coffee granules…
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 175 C, for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown…
Recipe from here
- 3 cups Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 cups Chocolate chips (I used semi sweet chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup Instant coffee granules (I used 2 tbsp instant coffee powder, refer notes)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter, sugars, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and coffee granules.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 175 C, for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.