December a.k.a the season of cakes and cookies is here! The count down to Christmas has already started and I can see stars and Christmas trees making their presence. I know people tend to get very excited about Christmas holidays and plan things way ahead. One of my friends put up her Christmas Tree in November itself ;) That reminds me, I'm yet to put up the tree. How about you? Is your home all decked up?
Ok, now that's taken care of, let's talk about this recipe. Well, this is a pretty christmassy cookie to bake. Not to mention, it's easy, simple, festive and kinda look fancy too. Don't you think so?
This cookie can be made with Cocoa powder or melted chocolate. I've used melted chocolate here and that gives a chewy and fudgy texture to this cookie. It's not too sweet, just the right amount of sweetness to go with a strong cup of coffee or tea.
If you are into holiday baking, I strongly recommend you to try out this one. It's a great addition to your Christmas goodie bag.
Here is the recipe…
In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla…
Stir in eggs, one at a time…
Stir in flour, baking powder and salt…
Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours…
Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks…
Recipe from here
Chocolate Crinkle CookiesPrint
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil I used Sunflower oil
- 4 oz Unsweetened baking chocolate melted, cooled
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.