Here is the recipe:
Recipe source: Cafe Cakes by Australian Women’s Weekly
- 125 gms Butter (cubed (softened))
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar (75 gm, firmly packed)
- 1/3 cup Caster sugar (75 gm)
- 1 Egg (room temperature)
- 1.25 cups Plain flour (185 gm)
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 cup Walnuts (30 gm, toasted and finely chopped (optional))
- 1 cup Dark choc chips (190 gm)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree 10 minutes before baking. Beat butter, essence, sugars and egg in small bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in sifted dry ingredients, nuts and choc chips. Drop level tablespoons of mixture about 5 cm apart on greased oven trays, press down lightly. Bake for 12 minutes or until browned lightly. Stand cookies 2 minutes before lifting onto wire racks to cool.
- The above measurement yields around 25 cookies.
- Please find below the picture of Choc chip cookie, made by Ammu using this recipe. Thanks again dear :)
Btw, that naughty boy in the pic is my nephew Aditya, my Adiboy :). He was a model for this year’s calendar of The South Indian Bank.
Check out the Choc Chip Cookies made by Josphine based on the above recipe. Thank you dear :)