Here is the recipe…
If you are interested in more Chicken recipes, check out our Chicken ebooklet
- 1.5 cups Pasta (I used penne pasta)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Cooked chicken (cut into bite size cubes (refer notes))
- 1 small Capsicum (cut into cubes)
- 1 tbsp Grated Garlic
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Olive oil
For white sauce
- 30 gms Butter (2 tbsp approx)
- 2 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Chicken stock (refer notes)
- Salt & pepper
- Cook pasta as per package instructions. Keep it aside. Heat Olive oil in a pan & add grated garlic, fry it for 2 mins or so. Add cubed capsicum & salt till it becomes tender. Add Rosemary, Thyme & Oregano & give a stir. Add cooked chicken & Pasta. Mix well. Add the white sauce, combine it. Serve hot.
- White Sauce Preparation
- Heat butter in a pan. When it melts, add plain flour. Stir for 4-5 mins, when it starts changing colour add milk. Cook till it starts to thicken. Add chicken stock, salt & pepper & cook for 2-3 mins. Remove from fire.
It is better to add sauce to the pasta just before serving, once the sauce is added to the pasta, it tends to dry fast. The white sauce tends to thicken a lot, so adjust the cooking time accordingly. You can add more milk or stock to adjust the consistency to suit your taste. I cooked the chicken with salt, pepper powder,water, little bit of garlic, celery & bay leaves to add some flavor to the stock. I used red capsicum since I had it with me but you can use green or yellow. You can substitute stock with water, just mix it with milk & add. However using stock will enhance the flavor of the dish. If you add salt to pasta while cooking, be careful while adding it during the mixing stage. If you are using any seasoning like Cajun you can add it to the dish just before adding chicken & pasta. You can use chicken or veg stock cube also to enhance the flavor. For Veg Variation: You can use Mushroom/Broccoli instead of chicken & use veg stock instead of chicken stock & follow the same method.