Noodles are something that I make often. It’s one of my “go-to” dinner options. Apart from the fact that we both love noodles, it’s also kinda light and filling at the same time.
Since I make it often, I try different flavor combinations to keep it interesting. The BBQ flavor is something that we like. The sweet, spicy and tangy flavor combination of bbq makes me a fan of it.
Though we’ve tried bbq flavor with pizza and burger, bbq flavored noodles were yet to be tried. That’s how I ended up with this recipe. It worked well, so I am sharing it with you too.
How about you? Like noodles, like bbq flavor? Then try this and am sure you’ll be making it often ;)
Here is the recipe…
Chicken BBQ Noodles
- 1 packet (150 gms) Hakka Noodles
- 3/4 – 1 cup cooked chicken pieces (refer notes)
- 1 small – medium Onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 small Carrot (julienned)
- 1 cup Shredded cabbage
- 1 small Capsicum (julienned)
- 1/2 cup Chopped spring onion
- 1/3 cup Chopped celery
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 2 – 2.5 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1.5 – 2 tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 -1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-2.5 tsp Hot sauce (I used Sriracha)
- 1.5 -2 tsp Honey
- Oil (I used olive oil)
- Cook the noodles as per package instructions and keep aside. Drizzle some oil on the noodles to keep it separate.
- Heat oil in a wok or a deep and wide pan. Add chopped onion and garlic. When onion becomes soft, add the rest of the veggies, except spring onion. Add salt. Cover and cook till the veggies are done. Add cooked chicken pieces and mix well.
- Combine all the sauces together and add to the veggie chicken mixture. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Reduce flame and add noodles. Gently mix until the noodles and veggie chicken mixture is incorporated well. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if required. Garnish with chopped / julienned spring onion greens.