Here's a simple, quick, easy and healthy (mostly) milkshake recipe. I'm calling it healthy, because of two reasons: 1 – there is fruit in it and 2 – there is no sugar. For me, that easily classifies as healthy food ;)
Though, I'm a big milkshake fan, I don't indulge in it very frequently. The reason is, my fav kind of milkshake is the one with ice cream ;) When I make it at home, I try to make a healthier version, by adding some fruits and I try my best to make it sugar free. I always have some dates and honey and I use that instead of sugar.
I usually make it on days when I feel like having something sweet for breakfast. It's quite refreshing and filling and gives a quick energy boost, perfect start for morning time!
You can check out other drink recipes here
Please read the “notes section” before proceeding with the recipe.
- 1 large Apple (peeled & cored, cubed)
- 2-3 Dates (deseeded & chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp Honey
- 1 -1.5 cups Milk (chilled)
- Blend together cubed apples, chopped dates, 1 tbsp honey and 1/2 cup milk, till it becomes a smooth paste. Add rest of the milk and blend again. Do a taste test and add more honey or dates if required and blend till smooth.
- If you want a frothier and thick shake, add 3-4 ice cubes and blend.