Hi. Hope things are great with you. As I've mentioned in the previous post, I am in Kerala now, enjoying my vacation. Usually when we are here, we will be busy traveling, shopping etc etc. However this time we've decided to take a break from the usual holiday stuff and decided to be at home for a change :) The climate is also good, its raining at times and I love it :) Being at home had one more advantage. I was able to watch Ria's cookery show on TV and dear it was simply great!!
Now its time to share something with you. My interview came in a Bahrain Lifestyle magazine called “Woman this month” :). The magazine people wanted to interview a woman who is passionate about something. What should I say…I just happened to be at the right place at the right time :) I've flaunted it already in the orkut and facebook ;) and after posting it here I will stop or at least try to reduce the flaunting ;). That's a first time experience for me and I am all excited, so its ok to showoff right ;)?? Also all this happened because of this small space called MariasMenu and this space is here because of you, so a big THANK YOU :)
Thanks to Simi & Sarina for the interview :) So this is the interview (click on the image to read the interview) :
Ok, time to go to the recipe. Btw, this is not from my drafts. This recipe comes straight from my mom in law's kitchen. I know there are umpteen number of chilli gobi recipes and I thought I will share with you our version too :) Hope you'll like it.
Here is the recipe:
Boil cauliflower florets in salted water for 3-5 minutes and drain the water completely…
Make a thick batter with the marination ingredients (ingredients listed from plain flour-water)…
Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter & shallow fry it till the florets become golden brown. Keep it aside…
Add all the sauces, pepper powder, vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix well…
Add the fried cauliflower & combine well. Make sure that the florets are well coated with the sauces…
Garnish with spring onion, serve hot…
Chilli Gobi / CauliflowerPrint
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp Plain flour
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
For the sauce
- 1 big Onion chopped
- 1 small Capsicum cubed
- 1 tbsp Ginger chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Garlic sliced
- 1 - 1.5 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Red chilly sauce
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Boil cauliflower florets in salted water for 3-5 minutes and drain the water completely.
- Make a thick batter with the marination ingredients (ingredients listed from plain flour-water).
- Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter & shallow fry it till the florets become golden brown. Keep it aside.
- In the same oil add ginger & garlic, green chilly, capsicum & onion. Cook till the onion becomes soft. Add all the sauces, pepper powder, vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix well. Add the fried cauliflower & combine well. Make sure that the florets are well coated with the sauces. Garnish with spring onion, serve hot.
You can use red chilly paste instead of red chilly sauce. To make red chilly paste, add 1 tsp of vinegar to 2 tsp Kashmiri chilly powder. Please note that if you are using red chilly paste, don't add vinegar separately.