Different & spicy recipe. Seafood lovers will enjoy it.
- Prawns – 1/2 kg
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Chilli powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Onion – 1 big
- Crushed ginger & garlic – 1 tablespoon
- Green chilli – 2-3
- Tomato – 1
- Rice – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Crushed Cinnamon, cardamom & clove (wholemasala) – 1 teaspoon each
- Ghee – 2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped coriander leaves – for garnishing
Marinate the cleaned prawns with ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala & salt for 15 minutes. Cook the marinated prawns till it is half done. Boil 2 cups of water with wholemasala & keep aside.Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a pan & fry the rice till it starts cracking. Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in another pan & saute onion, crushed ginger & garlic & green chillies. Once the onion becomes soft add tomato. When tomato becomes soft add half cooked prawns together with oil & stir well. Add the fried rice & mix well. Add salt, lemon juice & boiled water along with spices. Cook till the rice is done.
Garnish with chopped corinader leaves.
Check out another version of prawns biriyani: