Surprised by the heading?? These days the product life cycle is becoming very short. Within one month of releasing a new product you have its new version with advanced features. Relax friends, am not lecturing about Marketing am just trying to give you an intro about the new version of mixed fried rice I made. I should say my 2nd version of mixed fried rice has a different flavor and taste compared to the previous one. Its like having fried rice from two different restaurants :)
I think some people like a particular taste for fried rice, for example my 2 year old nephew. He prefers fried rice from a particular restaurant in Mumbai (where my bro & family lives) and he has fried rice from other places only if he is tooooooo hungry and there are no other options. I sometimes wonder how he is so selective at this young age :) , talk about present day kids! Anyways am a person who doesn’t mind trying different styles/version/tastes of fried rice.
Usually when I make mixed fried rice, I feel like standing in the mix n match dress section of shopper’s stop :) I dont have a fixed recipe for fried rice, I usually make it with the available ingredients. This time however I didn’tÂ mix n match, I followed my Mother in Law’s recipe. Btw, this is one of her hit recipes.
You can see the mixed fried rice version 1 here.
Here is the recipe for version 2:
- Rice – 2 cups (I used Basmati Rice)
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 2-3 tbsp
- Hot Water – 3¾ cups
- Cooked chicken, prawns & beef – ½ – ¾ cup each
- Scrambled eggs – 2
- Carrot – 1, chopped
- Beans – ¼ cup, chopped
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Capsicum – 1 small, cut into small cubes
- Celery – 1 tbsp, chopped
- Garlic crushed – ½ tbsp
- Ginger – ½ tbsp
- Soya sauce – 2 tbsp
- Green chili sauce – 2 tbsp
- Chicken tastemaker (soup cubes) – 2 cubes (optional)
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Wash the rice & soak it in water for 25 mins. Drain the water completely. Heat 2 tbsp butter in a pan. Add rice & fry it for 5 minutes or till it starts cracking. Add lemon juice & salt & water. Cook till the rice is done.Once the rice is cooked spread it on a tray and let it cool.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a pan. Add onion, ginger & garlic. Once it becomes soft, add carrot, beans, capsicum & celery. once the veggies are cooked add the cooked chicken, prawns & beef. Add salt & chicken cubes. Saute well. Add soya sauce & green chili sauce. Combine well. Add rice & scrambled eggs. Mix together everything. Cover & cook for 3,4 minutes. Serve hot.